Dear painters, art aficionados, and art explorers everywhere. I would never have guessed this journal would keep my interest for so long! Join me as I learn about the processes of painting, drawing and at times, the history of art.
My website is: terirobusstudio.com

7.08.2016

VPC - 3


The surprising thing (for me)
 was that the painting needed to have one of the books be a tall one. 
Different than my own painting that I was "copying" 
- this one:


The composition is a little different. So, the last book is taller, poppies now have some color:


A couple of petals fell.

This is how it looked on the easel. Notes everywhere. 

At this point I showed my patron the painting and she thought - and rightly so, 
that there was too much green in the back and foreground. So I began messing with it.
(But she loved the books!)


The photo below shows a piece of acetate film clipped to the panel -
 I tried a new color by painting over it, finding it was much too light in the foreground ...


... even when trying a shadow.


So, I tried a different color over the top 
and it seemed to work so I went for it. 
Next post will be the last, and I will have the frame finished as well.
 Thank you very much for hanging with me!


 



No comments: