Dear painters, art aficionados, and art explorers everywhere. I would never have guessed this journal would keep my interest for so long! Join me as I learn about the processes of painting, drawing and at times, the history of art.
My website is: terirobusstudio.com

8.06.2018

Salon Challenge #5 - Medley


So, Patrick had Timi's portrait,
"Crazy Aunt Lorraine"
which is a marvelous portrait already.


While revealing his version of the painting,
he played us a medley of the top ten songs 
from Timi's birth year.

The one that ... *ZAP* ... struck him as the
song of inspiration for what he was to do,
was

by The Youngbloods 


Title to be determined      12 x 12   oil on canvas

... with the lyrics:

🎶Come on people now
Smile on your brother
Everybody get together
Try to love one another
Right now 🎶

Patrick is continuing to work on this painting 
and I will update this post when he finishes.

This was a very meaningful "reverberation/regeneration" 
of an already intriguing painting! 
I understand why he essentially added to the painting, 
rather than paint over a very
striking image.  It works so well with this song.

Next post will be the last of our challenge #5 paintings. 
We are already on to thinking about our Salon Challenge #6.
(Remember you have to say salon, like the Google Translate lady says it.)



Thank you for following along
and

Happy Painting!

No comments: