Dear painters, art aficionados, and art explorers everywhere. I would never have guessed this journal would keep my interest for so long! Join me as I learn about the processes of painting, drawing and at times, the history of art.
My website is: terirobusstudio.com

11.30.2018

One more post about the JMS Workshop



Vineyard at the feet of Mont Ventoux (Provence, France)   
6 x 8 inches   oil on panel 
I
 was working on this just before the rain poured down;
I thought I may need to finish under cover,
but I liked it like this and thinking about how we had to quickly pack up
 and zoom away before getting soaked.


Old Stone Steps   6 x 8 inches    oil on panel   
While the rain was pouring down,
Matt found a covered open-sided shed to carve under;
I joined him and painted these old stone steps as we listened to the birds chirping
and the rain dripping.

A beautiful salad for lunch by Chef Angelique and crew.

By JMS (sigh ...)

These are table grapes, carefully picked over and sent to the local markets.

View across the vineyard of those table grapes. Oh have no fear,
there are wine vineyards around as well!

The market in Bedoin was so colorful!

Piments rouges et ail tressés  (braided red chili's & garlic)




 This is Nick Whitworth, zipping along on the tippy streets of Gordes ...
getting ready to capture some video about Julian's workshop.
(I still cannot believe he looked up as I snapped the photo! and I was in the van!)
Here is Nick's video is about 3 minutes long and captures the essence of our workshop.


Ruth Phillips, Julian's wife, is a wonderful musician
who plays the cello
SO beautifully! 
She gave us a mini concert.
Here is a sketch I made while she was practicing.



Ruth wrote a book about the beginnings of 
Julian and Ruth's life in Provence
called
Cherries from Chauvet's Orchard.

I am reading it right now and it is, of course, since I have met them, 
a fun and fascinating read.

Nick made another beautiful video for Ruth's Breathing Bow workshop 
which was right after ours,
about playing the cello, breathing, yoga 
and all that makes playing your instrument
work with your body.

Here is that video - so beautifully done!


Nick also made a video of  Le Domaine Saint Jacques.
Click HERE 
for that link, very short (~ 1 min).

Oh, my!  Links all over the place ... mark them,
take your time and watch at your leisure
... it is worth it ...


I hope it is also worth your time to read this little blog - thank you so much for doing that!
I love blogging, but it does take time so I do it just every so often.

Tomorrow is December, I wish everyone safe and happy holidays and, 
of course!

Happy Painting!


No comments: