Dear painters, art aficionados, and art explorers everywhere. I would never have guessed this journal would keep my interest for so long! Join me as I learn about the processes of painting, drawing and at times, the history of art.
My website is: terirobusstudio.com

9.19.2019

Challenge 8 progress photos

 white pastel pencil to mark my light areas
This post is for those of you who are interested in
 my progression through a painting.

Our challenge was to paint with a limited palette,
no brushes, 20 x 20 or larger canvas/panel format, 
use thick impasto style, and paint a portrait of an elderly person.

Here are my progress photos.

Limited palette of red, blue and yellow + white - and I used Liquin Impasto
Dark gessoed canvas with gridlines

the drawing


When I sprayed fixative to set the charcoal and pastel,
I forgot to test the spay nozzle, so
it blobbed out a bit. No worries, though.

First paint - Yellow!







Heyyy!!!   oil on canvas   20 x 20 inches
Thank you for your interest! 

Next post will be about our show,
now at the JAHC Gallery. 

The turn out was fantastic! 
We were very pleased with all the questions and interest in our project.
(And I wasn't sick!!!)




No comments: