Dear painters, art aficionados, and art explorers everywhere. I would never have guessed this journal would keep my interest for so long! Join me as I learn about the processes of painting, drawing and at times, the history of art.
My website is: terirobusstudio.com

2.19.2021

Strolling on an Eaglecrest Boardwalk

Detail from Strolling on an Eaglecrest Boardwalk

Hi all. Here is a bit of color for these gray February days!
 
A few September days in 2020 were glorious in Juneau
and we (Plein Rein Painters) met up at Eaglecrest to paint.



This boardwalk runs through the bushes and bogs 
of the muskeg and connects to trails in the area. 
I painted, not this, but another view that day, but I cannot find it, 
so maybe I painted over it or something.
Anyway ... I wanted to show you the way THIS (studio) painting developed.

Made a grid over my blue ground, for some reason I had this blue ground ...


I liked the way the boardwalk came in on the lower right
and the tree headed off the panel on the upper left.






After letting the painting sit for awhile, I asked my hubby
if he saw anything that might help the painting.
He mentioned that the trees were a little bare except for
the very tops, so I added some limbs here and there
along the trunk. They still look like Eaglecrest trees to me, too!

This month I am taking an online class learning about color. It is making me think about color more seriously than I have in the past.
For this painting, I realize it is mostly a complementary color scheme; blue & orange, with some green in there which borders on being a triadic color scheme. 
Color is so varied and amazing and each person sees color a teensy bit differently.

Strolling on an Eaglecrest Boardwalk    oil on prepared Masonite   14 3/4  x 12 1/4 inches

This painting still needs to have varnish for the darks to get some luster.


Thank you for checking in to this blog!

Stay healthy
&
Happy painting!

🎨
 

No comments: