Dear painters, art aficionados, and art explorers everywhere. I would never have guessed this journal would keep my interest for so long! Join me as I learn about the processes of painting, drawing and at times, the history of art.
My website is: terirobusstudio.com

2.15.2021

Art Podcasts, are you a listener?

 

detail of a cold wax + oil painting in-progress

Podcasts are great to listen to while painting or walking, or vacuuming! 
(Which is what I did for awhile today.) 
And today I listened to one that fit right in to my thoughts about painting in series.

It was "The Messy Studio"

https://messystudio.fireside.fm/165

hosted by Rebecca Crowell and her son Ross Ticknor.

I listen to this podcast because: 
1 - it's about art (duh) and 
2 - Rebecca is the co-author of the book Cold Wax Medium (CWM)
and is an artist creating interesting works in CWM and oil paint ...
at least I think they are interesting. 
Plus she always has cool subjects
 to discuss.

So, this isn't a huge post but I am giving "public" notice
that I am
continuing on with my series
DOR (Dead on Road) ...
(my blogpost on Oct 1, 2020
talked about it)
 ... and the podcast was reminding me that even though
there may be a halt or a hiccup here and there,
I am still very interested in completing
at least 5 paintings for the series. 

(Each one takes quite a bit of time, because I like to layer the oil & CWM  
so it will be a slowly developing series ...
and I am ok with that.)



detail from wip CWM painting (second in series)

If you have any questions about painting in series, check out that podcast
or shoot me a question in the comments box below.

See you next time! Take good care of yourselves!

🎨







No comments: