Dear painters, art aficionados, and art explorers everywhere. I would never have guessed this journal would keep my interest for so long! Join me as I learn about the processes of painting, drawing and at times, the history of art.
My website is: terirobusstudio.com

1.26.2021

Thirteenth Blogiversary!




Macarons  digital image


My first blog post, January 26, 2008
was not very interesting ... not one picture!

Reading it, the memories of that first (& only) digital art class 
while attending UAS (U of Alaska Southeast) are flooding back.

... and all these years later, I am interested in
learning about digital art. I think it could help me design
my painting compositions. 
It will not take away my love of actual painting, drawing 
using real pencils, pastel or charcoal, I do know that!



Tangerines
(recent digital art that i am attempting to learn)

Above is my work from a tutorial by a with-it gal named Lisa Bardot.
She conducts her tutorials on her YouTube channel and
is very fast and really good with her digital illustrations.
When she slows down, she is a very good teacher. I need s-l-o-w when I am learning a massively complex thing like Procreate.

So, that first Digital Art Class 13 years ago, mostly taught Photoshop (gaaak)
but got me started to explore more art, 
and I specifically targeted painting. 
I definitely didn't learn as much as I wanted in that class, 
but it was the jumping off point for this blog and
that is a good thing.

During this pandemic, I did do a bit of painting and blogging 
but lately have had a dry spell (my last post was nearly 2 months ago). 
That's ok, it happens. It takes time and energy to blog 
and there is certainly time, but no energy for it.

But I hope to get back to it with more consistency and today is a great day to begin.

Two DOR paintings are almost finished and one is sitting there in my mind, ready to begin.
(That link takes you to the first post about the series, with unfinished progress shots.) 

I would like to take you through more of my painting process
for this first piece,
so here is more progress since the Dec 3 post:



Most of the painting takes place flat on a table.



There are layers going on and some
scraped off.




This was a stencil shape I tried.






This is fairly close to how it will look in finished form.

If you have questions about the CWM (cold wax medium) 
let me know and I will try to answer to the best of my ability. 
I have not been working in cold wax for long, 
so I am experimenting all the time with it.

🎵Happy Blogiversary to me🎵

and
I hope you are all safe and healthy and thinking about getting 
your vaccinations one of these days!

😷
🎨




2 comments:

juliefordoliver.blogspot.com said...

Wow...thats a long time. Congratulations on not only your blog anniversary but also
the digital work you are learning.
The WIP are fascinating and I enjoyed seeing the layers and emerging focus.
Its been awhile since I used cold wax as a medium and this has inspired me to try it again. Stay safe.

Teri said...

Hi Julie,
I'm glad you are gonna try cold wax again. Look forward to a post about it. Thank you!