Dear painters, art aficionados, and art explorers everywhere. I would never have guessed this journal would keep my interest for so long! Join me as I learn about the processes of painting, drawing and at times, the history of art.
My website is: terirobusstudio.com

12.03.2020

Southeast (Alaska) Mood


I think the best paintings might get painted quickly, 
when you are not thinking too much and maybe are distracted a bit.

Plein air painting can be like that.

While painting at the Shrine of St Therese one early spring day, 
this is what happened to me.

We had just arrived for our painting retreat
and some of us rushed outside to catch a couple of
hours painting time.

I didn't go very far from the lodge, a couple of steps away. 
Just beside the labyrinth.


I didn't even take any progress photos.


When I got the painting home and lived with it for awhile,
I realized there was too much sky. 


So I cut it off.
And it works now.

Southeast Mood        oil on Arches Huile paper mounted on Masonite     
en plein air     8.75 x 15.5 inches   
Dorland's CWM varnish    

Here it is in its beautiful frame made by my own hubby.💞





Looking back, I did a post about the retreat, here, and this painting
was in the post. But it doesn't hurt to talk about it again, I think. 
Especially when I like the painting.

Hope you are hanging in there. Please take good care and give yourself
some quality time during the holidays.

Paint!
🎨

1 comment:

juliefordoliver.blogspot.com said...

Something as simple as cropping - I think you made the right decision as far as artistic judgment goes,
but I do want you to know I showed it to my hubby
and he liked seeing all the sky because...are you ready for this...
more of the painting to like!
It is a beautiful painting with perfect color harmony!
Happy painting Teri!