Dear painters, art aficionados, and art explorers everywhere. I would never have guessed this journal would keep my interest for so long! Join me as I learn about the processes of painting, drawing and at times, the history of art.
My website is: terirobusstudio.com

11.25.2020

The Brightest One - a painting


Hi out there in Neverland.

This is a detail of the latest thing I have finished painting. 
 
I'm also still working on my DOR project 
but not ready to post anything else 
besides my last post about it. Here.

About to begin my third DOR painting and I haven't even finished the first two! 

Here are the progress shots for The Brightest One,
including the photo of the still life bouquet that was my inspiration.
The background is a cardboard box cut out so a corner and walls remains.


The painting happened fairly quickly. Only a couple of shots of progress.
My goal was to paint with freedom and not too much thought. I had my colors picked out
and tools handy and began with large arm movements.
This really helped me to loosen up.



The unvarnished and unframed painting.

The Brightest One    oil on panel     16.5 x 11.75 inches

I just realized that this painting has a really nice Thanksgiving-ish color scheme. 
So I am wishing you all a good Thanksgiving - 
and
try to find things to be grateful for.  

It will help your day (any day).
and
be good to your fellow human.


Thank you for checking this blog. Stay safe and warm.
🦃

1 comment:

juliefordoliver.blogspot.com said...

I had so much fun reading this post. The wonderful colors and swirling movement added to my feeling of pleasure. I really enjoy watching progression shots and these are great. Thanks for taking the time Teri.