Dear painters, art aficionados, and art explorers everywhere. I would never have guessed this journal would keep my interest for so long! Join me as I learn about the processes of painting, drawing and at times, the history of art.
My website is: terirobusstudio.com

10.23.2020

Backcountry Heaven (Douglas Island - Juneau, Alaska)



Winter is on the way! A neighbor who does lots of adventures
sent photos of a wintertime ski trip on Douglas Island (my home).

I asked permission to try to make a painting from one or a combination
of his photos, and he gave the A-Ok.

The following are shots of the painting's progression.

My sketch of the scene. It was a combination of a couple of his photos.


Transferring it to my surface with charcoal ... I don't think I set it with alcohol this time.

I just began painting.





Backcountry Heaven  ©TGRobus    oil on board      12.5 x 16.5 inches




Matt had made a support and a frame ages ago, so I just had to prepare the surface and he glued it all together, I painted the reveal and the frame black. 
So, it is a wood panel mounted on wood panel in a floater-style frame!



Here is the back.



I enjoyed painting this. 
When you look at it, I want you to feel as if you can imagine skiing 
the snowy mountains of the backcountry in winter. I haven't been 
in this particular place, but have been skiing in similar
Alaskan snowscapes. I hope I captured the
feeling of awe and joy when you are out
in the quiet of the winter land.

As we enter from autumn to winter, I hope everyone continues to be safe 
and stay healthy and active ...

... and do things that make you happy.

Thank you for checking this blogpost ... I really appreciate it!

😷

🎨
❤️


No comments: