Dear painters, art aficionados, and art explorers everywhere. I would never have guessed this journal would keep my interest for so long! Join me as I learn about the processes of painting, drawing and at times, the history of art.
My website is: terirobusstudio.com

6.06.2019

Plein Rein Retreat


Hi!
Our local outdoor painting group in Juneau, Alaska, 
The Plein Rein Painters; held their annual 
plein air painting retreat in March.
I have been remiss in posting about this event; 
SO much fun
SO much comaraderie
SO much eating
SO much painting
!!!!



As soon as we arrived and unloaded
and found a bunk
I set up my Coulter easel right near the Shrine of St Therese lodge.





View of the shrine island from our room.



Photo using the app TinType - I love it. Do you know it?


Looked sort of dreary but no, it was beautiful and moody.

This is a WIP (still not finished ... but I intend to finish it!).





The photos above show Stacy
 (whose portrait was in my portrait painting blogpost on April 14th)
doing an "acrylic pour"!
The whole method was enticingly beautiful! I have a video 
but I do not think it will load here. :(

Sunset on our last evening. Sigh ...


We had over 20 people at the retreat. 
I will try to find a photo of us all
and come back and post it.

The painting below is just cropped enough from the original 
(scroll up to the top to see it again). 
It makes better sense this way.
Southeast Mood      oil on Arches Huile paper     8.75 x 15.75 inches



Thanks everyone for checking in. 
Happy summer
&
Happy painting!

5 comments:

Chris Lally said...

Oh my gosh!!! An annual painters retreat! I want to be your neighbor...
What incredible photos, Teri! Appreciate you sharing them. One can dream.

TinType? Don't know it, but I love it! Will check it out. Thanks!

juliefordoliver.blogspot.com said...

This was a real treat to slowly go though all the pics and read what you wrote. First let me say your painting is really, really beautiful and you captured much more than the actual photo. thanks for taking the time to put such an interesting post together.

Teri said...

Chris - it was such a nice, arty and relaxing time! Thank you, and yes, check that TinType photo app. It's fun.

Julie - Thanks for your kind words and I am so impressed that you actually take the time to read it all! Posting is a time-consuming thing that I know you understand! I don't get notices that someone has commented so I apologize to both you and Chris for being so late in answering your comments! (Do either of you know if there is a way to get a notice from the blog that tells you you have a comment?)

juliefordoliver.blogspot.com said...

I just keep checking because i think if i am notified it goes in junk mail.

Teri said...

Julie, that's probably true! Ok, thank you!