Dear painters, art aficionados, and art explorers everywhere. I would never have guessed this journal would keep my interest for so long! Join me as I learn about the processes of painting, drawing and at times, the history of art.
My website is: terirobusstudio.com

5.14.2021

Wedding Bouquet Painting (belated)

Our daughter and son-in-law 
got married a few years ago (well ... 7).

I had asked for a photo 
of their wedding bouquet and was sent it. 
I put it in my "to paint" album
and thought about it and how to do it from time to time
 ...
until I made a decision in March of this year. 

We were going to visit in April
 and I thought it would be nice 
to give the painting to them when we were there.

So here are the photos 
(none with progress with the paint ... i forgot)
 about this little sweet bouquet
 painted in acrylic!
I painted with acrylic so it would dry fast
to be able to pack it.

original photo


my set-up

my palette

Pi Day Wedding Bouquet
4 x 6 ? acrylic on prepared panel using micaceous iron oxide ground

Here is a link from Golden brand acrylics about Micaceous Iron Oxide.
I tried it out on this small panel and then put some gray gesso over;
and you can see it peeking out and in a good light
it might show some sparkle.
It is great for dry media, pastels or colored pencils
but can also be used with acrylic or oil paint.


Have you used it?

Found this vintage frame for the painting!







Thanks for looking!
I really appreciate your time.
I hope you are all well and looking forward 
to normalizing a bit as we all get vaccinated.

Get your vax! 

💓



No comments: