Dear painters, art aficionados, and art explorers everywhere. I would never have guessed this journal would keep my interest for so long! Join me as I learn about the processes of painting, drawing and at times, the history of art.
My website is: terirobusstudio.com

5.24.2021

Bouquet painting ... again!

Drawing and/or painting flowers and bouquets is a love of mine. 
This is a still life, from real life, that was a fun project. 

charcoal sketch

from

 this bouquet 👇


I felt like doing another bouquet painting
and i just happened to have this little
Mother's Day one. (Thank you Matt! 💓)


I had a board already made with gesso 
and some acrylic iridescent gold
splashed on it ... I think the gold was leftover from
painting a frame ... ?


Anyway, it looked like the size i wanted,
so I began to sketch (with charcoal first). Again I didn't think to take
more progress photos ... 

This one progress shot while painting indicates where 
those funny little buds are in the bouquet. 
I don't know what they are, do you?

I love the background iridescence in certain light.


These flowers, from Mother's Day ... are still holding strong, 
with a bit of trimming. 
So, when was that? Over 2 weeks ago! 
Amazing!
👇




Dusk Was Falling      11 9/16 x 9 inches    oil on prepared panel


Thanks for checking this blogpost out! I really do appreciate it!

🎨

ps I have heard that the entity that transfers this blog to you via email (feedburner) will no longer be supporting my emails.
I am not sure what to do. I have heard of another service called "follow.it" that will send these blogposts out. I am very technically challenged so I hope I can figure it out.



2 comments:

Karolina said...

Hi Teri! Thanks a lot for your interest in follow.it. Please have a look here why we're a great Feedburner alternative: https://follow.it/blog/feedburner-stops-email-services-switch-to-follow-it-now/. The switching process is very quick and we are always happy to help you :)

Teri said...

Thank you Karolina, I will check it out.