Dear painters, art aficionados, and art explorers everywhere. I would never have guessed this journal would keep my interest for so long! Join me as I learn about the processes of painting, drawing and at times, the history of art.
My website is: terirobusstudio.com

8.05.2021

Blogger Day

 Well, that's a new one. I have had this blog for 13 years
but had not heard of Blogger Day.


Hi everyone who reads this blog.
I have been painting outside mostly this summer, 
on nice days usually. This painting, though, is from a photo
I snapped while walking back from painting in the wetlands near the Juneau airport.   
The beautiful orange color of the airport doo-dads
against the blue of the big garage for airport vehicles got my attention. 

I did take a few progress shots: 





Airport Doo-dads (with Background)     oil on canvas    12 x 16 inches
(I will be adhering this to a board at some point, when finished. And framing it.)

My studio is going to be getting some TLC 
as soon as I get it emptied out so it can have a new floor, ceiling and walls!
So I have moved up to our "office" room.

I know people clean out their studios from time-to-time
but I have NEVER done it ...
so you can just imagine the STUFF I have to go through.
I have been throwing stuff away, I have! And I have a large box of paintings 
that I have deemed weak, so they will be sanded down. I have already sanded a couple and it is actually quite fun! Cathartic?

So this painting is going to sit a bit. I may thicken the paint and think of a new title. Any suggestions for a title off the top of your head?

Anyway, Happy Blogger Day!
and
Happy Painting

🎨


Note: If you receive my blog posts by email, please know that Google is taking away Feedburner, the email subscription service. I am starting a website:

TeriRobusStudio

so signing up for my newsletter there on the website will be the best way to get blog news too, and any other announcements. 

I hope you will sign up for my newsletter! It will be a journey for us both!

Thank you for reading all the way to here!

No comments: