Dear painters, art aficionados, and art explorers everywhere. I would never have guessed this journal would keep my interest for so long! Join me as I learn about the processes of painting, drawing and at times, the history of art.
My website is: terirobusstudio.com

11.06.2021

Challenge

 Hi everyone. Have you done challenges with your painting practice? 
It forces you to think & react differently from your
"normal" way of painting.

Recently I did this one with these strict parameters:

Finger painting - no brushes, no knives
Palette:
Yellow Ochre
Burnt Sienna 
Cadmium Red Medium
Payne's Gray
Viridian
NO white (none showing from the canvas nor used)
Self Portrait

I chose to use a mirror to paint myself.



I covered the canvas with a layer of yellow ochre. Yes, just using my hands.




These were some of the color combo's using the palette.




This is the beginning 👆 ... i forgot to take any mid-way pics.

Red Lipstick (A trope of femininity)  oil on "canvas" paper   16 x 12


I would love to hear if you have tried

a challenge.

What were your parameters?

How did it go?


Stay safe and happy painting!


PS i am steadily adding more paintings to:

TeriRobusStudio


Come on over and sign up for my website

newsletter. In the menu click "Keep In Touch"

and I will send out some news every month or two.


🎨




2 comments:

Sheila Vaughan said...

Hi Teri, well that was quite some challenge! I often use rags to apply the paint but I have never used just fingers! I love your expression. You look like you are saying "are you sure you want to do this?" However, it's clear the approach allows for a kind of freshness and immediacy. I like it !

Teri said...

Hi Sheila! ... and I have not used rags to apply my paint before! One of our group thought up the trope idea. Yes, the painting was fast, no fiddly stuff or else it would have been even more monstrous! Thanks for nipping over to have a peek!