Dear painters, art aficionados, and art explorers everywhere. I would never have guessed this journal would keep my interest for so long! Join me as I learn about the processes of painting, drawing and at times, the history of art.
My website is: terirobusstudio.com

3.18.2022

A Whimbrel - from carving to drawing to painting

 Bird carvings, I have learned, are fun still lifes to paint. 

I have been sketching many of the birds
Matt carves, too, 
 to have a record ... and i love to draw.

The drawings below are good practice 
for getting the figure on the panel.
 
Whimbrel   graphite on paper   5.5 x 4 inches


Whimbrel   graphite on paper  6 x 6 inches


a Matt Robus wood carving of a Whimbrel

(sitting up on a bookcase, ready to be painted,
you see in the photo below where I put it)






the sketch in charcoal on the wood panel, birch, i think

As I do lots of times, I forgot to take any progress pics.

Whimbrel   oil on panel   14 x 14 inches

I will be putting this elegant bird on my website soon. Here is a link if you
are interested in finding out more about the large shorebirds, the Whimbrels.

Thank you for reading. If you have any questions,
please contact me! either by way of my website 
(so happy to have a website now!) or email me.
teri.robus@gmail.com

If you would like to follow my painting journey,
please add your email and sign up at the "Keep in Touch" section 
of my website. You can also leave a comment here, with your email
and I can add you to my newsletter subscriber list!

Stay safe and healthy!

🎨

ps If you want to see more of Matt's bird carvings,
his facebook page is:

No comments: