Dear painters, art aficionados, and art explorers everywhere. I would never have guessed this journal would keep my interest for so long! Join me as I learn about the processes of painting, drawing and at times, the history of art.
My website is: terirobusstudio.com

3.12.2022

Story of an abstract painting/support for Ukraine

 


Kind of amazed that I didn't do a blogpost about this painting. I must've
posted it on IG or FB and then forgot to put it on here.

Whatever ... I am doing it now.

At the beginning of the pandemic,
2020
in February
in 5° weather
I went outside to paint. 🥶

I really don't like cold weather 
because when I lived and dog-mushed in Fairbanks, 
a few of my fingers and toes must have gotten a bit of frostbite ...
they get cold and numb very fast now.

I painted - quickly -
this tiny painting:

oil on board  4 x 6 inches

In January, 2020, Matt and I were able to go see
the Monet exhibit at the Denver Art Museum. 
I was interested in the paintings Monet made featuring a snowy scene.

I looked hard at his painted snow.

I decided to make a large painting from my little freezing study.
The following
photos show the progress.

I love the layers that happened and the winter-cold colors.












Winter - it begins      16 x 20 x 1.5 inches       oil & cold wax on prepared gesso panel

Due to the terrible war started by Russia against Ukraine,
I would like to help the people of Ukraine in some way. I have decided 
to offer this painting, already named over 2 years ago,
for sale and I will donate the money to the 


Thank you for considering buying this painting. I have it on my website 
now under Paintings/Abstract.


Please let me know if you have any questions.

Happy painting, happy collecting
and pray for Ukraine. 🙏


🎨







2 comments:

Sheila Vaughan said...

Hi Teri, I really like this painting. It has an authenticity I think, partly because you have worked on it in layers but also because of the very start of that process - which was the Monet inspiration. I believe all abstract painting has its roots in a figurative mind set so even though we might not put people or objects or recongnisable structures in them they are informing the brush strokes, speaking of which I love the freedom with which this is painted and the way you have used different solvents for the different ways in which you perceive things in the painting.

Teri said...

Sheila! - authenticity is what i hope is felt for any painting i make. i am beginning just now to see/peek into the vault of knowledge that i am accumulating in my painting life ... and i know there is a long way to go.

Thank you for writing! i appreciate your thoughts. i hope you are well and painting madly away!