Dear painters, art aficionados, and art explorers everywhere. I would never have guessed this journal would keep my interest for so long! Join me as I learn about the processes of painting, drawing and at times, the history of art.
My website is: terirobusstudio.com

4.18.2022

Painting with acrylic, oil, collage ...

... and a limited palette!


I used this photo, which I took at the Shrine of St. Therese in 2020, as the basis for a painting submitted as part of a painting challenge presented by Juneau's Plein Rein Painters. 

The parameters (thought up by a few of the painters) were as follows:


Here are the steps my painting took.


I used a grid to guide my composition.


At one point, I turned the photo upside down 
to remember to "just paint shapes".

My paint ...
and uh, the reason there is a blue tube of paint
is that I use that and the Burnt Umber
to make my own black.

Which I did.
And greens were made using my own black + yellow + the other legal colors.
It made lots of nice greens!







This is where i added the (pink) collage paper.


You can see the number 30 on the paper ... 
proof it is paper!

and more pink paper
"glued down" with acrylic gel medium

Shrine Sunset
12 x 18 inches
acrylic underpaint, oil, collage on panel


I will be varnishing and getting this painting 
uploaded to my website soon, so have a look 
 and 
if you have not already done so,
please sign up for my every-now-and-then
newsletter! Click on "Keep in touch" in menu.

I really appreciate your interest, and comments.


Take good care, stay safe ... and sane!

🎨




No comments: