Dear painters, art aficionados, and art explorers everywhere. I would never have guessed this journal would keep my interest for so long! Join me as I learn about the processes of painting, drawing and at times, the history of art.
My website is: terirobusstudio.com

11.07.2013

October - Crawford Notch, NH


This quotes directly from Wikipedia:

"Crawford Notch is the steep and narrow gorge of the
 Saco River in the White Mountains of New Hampshire"

This sketch was done on the day we drove from 
North Conway completely around Mt. Washington (and almost halfway around again, looking for this spot!).




Red Tree at Crawford Notch      8" x 8"     Oil on prepared board



This is a sketch that I would like to do in a larger painting. That tree was really almost the only red one there, not sure why I put so many more red trees around it. 
Glad i got a photo. 
The b&w isn't a good value study. This is what happens when you spend an hour or less painting!

No comments: