Dear painters, art aficionados, and art explorers everywhere. I would never have guessed this journal would keep my interest for so long! Join me as I learn about the processes of painting, drawing and at times, the history of art.
My website is: terirobusstudio.com

5.19.2015

Junk collector?

Title of chapter 4 of "Show Your Work" -
-Open up your cabinet of curiosities-

I know some artists are collectors ... I understand it. 
(me talking - "You never know when you might need this thing ... what ever it is.")
One of my collections are old frames. Some of these "vintage" frames have been perfect for a couple of my paintings. Here is one - perfectly fitting into this light turquoise "vintage" frame; I didn't need to do anything to it, or even cut the panel! ... it was made for the painting, or the painting made for the frame, whatever ... it is cool!

Impromptu Aria (or Nan)       18 x 12     oil on panel
A.K. says there is not as big a difference between collecting and creating as some may think.
Agreed.
Some flash of creativity may pop into your head when you
dabble about in your cabinet of curiosities! A color, a shape an idea ...

On another note,
this is the next (third) sketch study for the triptych I am doing, not finished. Will post the finished one tomorrow ... or soon.


The weather has been really really nice here these days, so it is very difficult to be inside painting. But now that my new gesso and canvas has arrived and my stretcher frames are made, I will get going on the prep for the large canvases.

Thank you for viewing my art!


2 comments:

Adriana Guidi said...

I LOVE the lady in red! Great frame as well.

Teri said...

Hi Adriana - thanks, yes - that frame was a great find!