Dear painters, art aficionados, and art explorers everywhere. I would never have guessed this journal would keep my interest for so long! Join me as I learn about the processes of painting, drawing and at times, the history of art.
My website is: terirobusstudio.com

7.08.2022

Working Title "City People" - part 1

 


I took this photo from my hip as I was waiting for the walk sign. 
Loved how the people in the hats looked. This was ages ago,
in Seattle.
 I put the photo in my To Paint? album, which I look at now and then
and grab something out to paint.

I have become obsessed with those two people.

Here is part 1 - the story of my obsession:

Tiny thumbnail sketch

2nd small sketch, people closer

City People - study    oil on Multimed. artboard  10x8 inches

Kind of liked the study, so got a ~ 20 x 16 canvas 
that I had washed with India Yellow over an abstract painting start
and mounted it to a cradled wood panel,
and started the painting.






City People    oil on panel  20 x 16 inches


So that is the start of the obsession.
Part 2 will be upcoming.


Thank you for reading!

🎨

Just in case you want to look around at my website:



note: i have not put this painting up on my website yet



No comments: