Dear painters, art aficionados, and art explorers everywhere. I would never have guessed this journal would keep my interest for so long! Join me as I learn about the processes of painting, drawing and at times, the history of art.
My website is: terirobusstudio.com

1.26.2023

15th Blogiversary!

Time to
Celebrate! 🎈

 In 2008 I published my first blogpost on this day. It is here but I will not be
encouraging you to read it ... very dated.

I have been painting fairly steadily ever since that first
blogpost and do not see any reason to stop.

To celebrate my 15th year of blogging (and making art), I am going to have a guest
artist on this blog! I don't think I have ever done that before.

Stay tuned for that post coming in the near future. For now, for today, I will share a couple progress shots of my recent painting.

A few days ago I heard a podcast (there were not too many of those in 2008) about an artist who will be 92 years old this May and still making work. She doesn't do the kind of art I do,
or enjoy, really ... she is considered by some the "Mother of Photorealism" -
But her voice impressed me and so I looked her up and found a video interview with her by her high school friend, Ronnie Eldridge. Produced by CUNY tv (City University of New York) about a year ago when she was 91.

I took some screen shots of her and studied her as she spoke.
Here is my journey painting her portrait:






I decided to use this shot for my portrait.
She does not look 91 does she?
It is my wish to be just like her at that age.


Next I did a study sketch.





A little back-story about the panel I used. It was an experimental
piece that I painted over so there is lots of texture!
Here is the underpainting.



Anyway, I thought I was finished, and sat with her
for a bit.
I realized I wanted to paint her very subtle earrings,
and I wanted the window behind her shoulder
to be a bit larger for more light for the cactus!

Audrey Flack at 91 
Oil on canvas panel
10" x 8"

I was going to post one of her photorealism paintings,
but you can look her up to see those if you are interested.

Thank you for reading this and if you have been reading
since 2008, a very big Bravo! to you.

For a little over a year now I have had a website
and to tell the truth,
I really enjoy it! 
There is still lots of work to do there; 
I need to add paintings, add more information about how to buy paintings, 
info about the shipping & handling, etc etc.

Here is my website address link:

and if you would like to keep in touch with me and my work, please feel
free to sign up for my newsletter "Studio News"  - link below:



No comments: