Dear painters, art aficionados, and art explorers everywhere. I would never have guessed this journal would keep my interest for so long! Join me as I learn about the processes of painting, drawing and at times, the history of art.
My website is: terirobusstudio.com

12.27.2022

Our 5th Challenge Painting





Below is a photo of what I chose as an interior -
our 1st parameter. I did not use the photo as reference. 
My easel is set up in the room.





Painting by Egon Schiele - he may have used a pointed
something (pencil? end of his brush?) to incise the ripples in the water,
and the lines on the boat. 
Our 3rd parameter. 
My incised lines are on the pillow shams and the lampshade.

My sketch - done at my easel 
in the bedroom

First sketch - realized perspective was wrong ...


Following our parameter #2, I found some collage pictures
that I thought had to do with what I wanted to
convey ... dreamlike, with apparitions sitting around, 
 bed linens, wall color, lamp and night sky.




The addition of the cat snagging the comforter
was just out of the blue ...



My cohort's paintings:

Timi Johnson

Timi simplified the corner of her home
 where a coatrack stood. She used papers from her Italy trip,
and gorgeous colors.

Patrick Ripp


Patrick used a vintage style photo for the woman with the grapes,
his own photos of his (late) kitties, 
AND photos of Timi and my original paintings! I love the chaise's impasto,
and his wall brush marks and color.

I thought their paintings were terrific!
Here is mine.

Little Dipper Dreaming 
Collage and oil on Multimedia Artboard
mounted on a 1/4" birch panel, with a 3/4" cradle
11 x 14 inches


This challenge was both difficult and fun.

It was hard to figure out my composition, 
then how to incorporate the collage items ...
but I loved finding the cat to add to the bottom left corner, 
did you find it immediately or after looking for awhile?

Lastly, we painted a still life 
before having our challenge reveal.
Holiday style!


Our next challenge (#6) is in the thought stage. We have our parameters and
are finding our painting to exchange (yes ... yikes) and clarifying
exactly what all the parameters consist of.

Thank you so much for reading, commenting and supporting working artists!

Wishing you all the very best of the new year,
staying safe and healthy and doing things you love.
🎨
Teri



 

No comments: