Dear painters, art aficionados, and art explorers everywhere. I would never have guessed this journal would keep my interest for so long! Join me as I learn about the processes of painting, drawing and at times, the history of art.
My website is: terirobusstudio.com

11.20.2022

Back to it! (Red Vase Still Life)

 


Back to painting again after a trip to visit family 💕. For those who are
subscribers to my newsletter I chatted a bit about that.

Jumping back in the saddle, so to speak, 
I bought a cute, fresh bouquet at Freddy's and dug up an 
old canvas with a greenish underpainting
(i forgot to take a picture of that)
and started splashing paint around.

Here are some photos, though not many in-progress.

bouquet in blue vase

the (first) painting & the bouquet


Red Vase (8 x 8 inches, oil on canvas)

While I liked that little painting,
the more I looked at it,
the more I felt it needed to
have it's (now red, not blue) vase completed!

So, I found another 8 x 8 canvas
with an old painting I could paint over, 
 and added the rest of the vase
& some blurry fruit and reflections ...
it is a tall diptych!






Red Vase Still Life
16 x 8 inches
oil on canvas


This was so much fun but I haven't forgotten about my portrait project!
I will embark on it again very soon.

For an update about my studio remodel; 
the walls are painted, we laid flooring in,
and I have decided not to paint the cabinets.
The cubbies that came from our guest room are
the same color so that makes things easier.

I will be painting the back panel of those cubbies
with a pop of color, but not a distracting pop,
something nice and calm.



It is getting there! So much organizing to do.

I would love it if you will sign up for my newsletter;
here is the link:


and my website link 👇


Thank you so much for looking at this blog ...
and the website ...
and for signing up!

Please let me know if you have any
questions about paintings,
or about painting!

Happy Turkey Day 🦃
&
Happy Painting!

🎨




No comments: