Dear painters, art aficionados, and art explorers everywhere. I would never have guessed this journal would keep my interest for so long! Join me as I learn about the processes of painting, drawing and at times, the history of art.
My website is: terirobusstudio.com

8.13.2026

Confection, not a sweet this time ...

 ... but a sweet painting!

This is the alstroemeria bouquet 
and initial set-up/composition that I began with
 for my painting.


My surface is a 12 x 12 inch stretched canvas. 
The following are (not many) shots of the 
painting's progress.





Confection
Still Life
Oil on canvas
12" x 12"


I really love how this painting turned out -
the flattened way the bouquet contrasts with the more modeled 3D vases,
with the dark background adding to that flatness.
It intrigued me, and I am glad I stopped when i did.


The painting is ready to hang as is, but a frame could surely be added. 
I will be adding this to my website collection "Still Life Florals" soon.

Thank you so much for reading and thus supporting my work!

Sincerely yours in art,

Teri
🎨

No comments: