Dear painters, art aficionados, and art explorers everywhere. I would never have guessed this journal would keep my interest for so long! Join me as I learn about the processes of painting, drawing and at times, the history of art.
My website is: terirobusstudio.com

1.20.2016

20th painting of 30 - January




"It is necessary to work very continuously 
and valiantly, and never apologetically. 
In fact, to be ever on the job 
so that we may find ourselves there, 
brush in hand, 
when the great moment does arrive."
- Robert Henri

Barely there ridgeline - lately there have been many blurry edges on that ridge.

1:45 pm Juneau     8 x 6 inches    oil on Arches Huile paper


Well, I am working "very continuously" (for 30 days anyway) ... ever-searching for that most satisfying feeling
 of a well-made painting - that "great moment". 
But are artists ever satisfied?
In my readings, and in my own mind ... I find, 
not too often.



No comments: