Dear painters, art aficionados, and art explorers everywhere. I would never have guessed this journal would keep my interest for so long! Join me as I learn about the processes of painting, drawing and at times, the history of art.
My website is: terirobusstudio.com

5.27.2018

Alder, a quadriptych!


Each year our little Juneau/Douglas City Museum
holds a fundraiser ... I have prob blogged about it before,
but anyway - the theme this year, 2018, was

SEASONS

and here are the photos for the process of developing my painting,
Alder (a quadriptych or polyptych):



I know ... this is a maple leaf. My first idea.

 But maple are not endemic to southeast AK and Alder (Alnus) is!


Husband cut and cradled 6x6 inch panels

I prepared the panels,
then he cradled & attached them
into a 12x12 square that we can take apart, until the end.  

Here is the sketch for what I eventually painted.

My beginning (I really liked it this way - scratched through the paint!)






I painted with the small squares pressed together 
and then took the squares apart to paint the edges.




Almost there

Alder - through the seasons       oil on wood panels       12 x 12 inches



As I am finishing typing my blogpost on this rainy Sunday morning,
a nice big black bear (Ursus americanus)
walked past my window through our back 40 and over
to the neighbors, who have chickens!!!
But, not interested in a chicken dinner, 
he/she strolled on up thru
their back 40 and on through the neighborhood.
I hope it stays safe.


Thanks so much for viewing my art!


2 comments:

Chris Lally said...

What a unique piece of artwork, Teri! You have a great imagination.
And I'm so glad the big black bear was a nice bear... They occasionally show up around here, but I have never seen one up close and personal and don't want to...

Teri said...

No, black bear are tough and very dangerous. Two dogs were killed here a few days ago because some people were hiking and came upon a bear who was on a kill. The dogs just ran up and began attacking the poor bear ... the bear took about 5 seconds to kill the two dogs!!! Thanks for commenting!!!