Dear painters, art aficionados, and art explorers everywhere. I would never have guessed this journal would keep my interest for so long! Join me as I learn about the processes of painting, drawing and at times, the history of art.
My website is: terirobusstudio.com

7.29.2018

Salon Challenge #5 - Secret Love



Our #5 salon challenge was so ... shall we say, 
"challenging"?

Our parameters were:

1. Give up a painting that you considered finished,
and that you liked well-enough, 
not too small,
and was not varnished yet. 

(We drew names for the person whose painting we got.)

2. We were given a list of the top 10 songs for the year that person was born
for inspiration while painting on our cohort's work of art. 
For instance, I was born in 1953 (gak) 
and the top song of that year was 
from the movie Moulin Rouge by Percy Faith
- hope you can listen on that link (Spotify) -

3. Our limited palette was:
Cerulean Blue
Viridian
Yellow Ochre
Alizarin Crimson
White

In no particular order - 


Timi had my painting, titled - The Standout,
began posting about this painting. (that is the link to way-back-when)

I called it Crawford Notch or something back then.



I stretched the canvas over 24" x 24" stretcher bars ages ago. 
Timi thought I may need a drink to see what she did to this painting, but

 ... I was totally fine! 

I love it!


She is not finished with this painting and will finish one of these days. It IS Moulin Rouge and Toulouse-Lautrec! She was inspired by the music and the rock cliff in the original, which became can-can dancer fluffy frocks. So cool!

Tomorrow ... or next post, I will continue revealing our challenge paintings, 
and discuss the evolution of the (teaser shown in B&W) painting at the top of this post.

Love to hear your comments!

Happy painting!








4 comments:

Chris Lally said...

Wow, Teri! What an interesting (& challenging, as you said) challenge! Amazing how creative Timi got with those parameters. I love both paintings!! Both so beautiful, but so different.
And I love that song. Brings back warm memories of my mom humming it when I was a little girl. I was around in the 50's, too.
Great post!! Can't wait to see / hear more about it!

Teri said...

Yes, there are more paintings to be revealed - pretty fun. Thanks Chris and check back soon😁🎨!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

I like the Moulin Rouge painting.

God bless.

Teri said...

Thanks for my friend Timi, Victor - she’s going to continue to work on that painting and I will update this blog when she’s finished.
Thanks so much for commenting!