Dear painters, art aficionados, and art explorers everywhere. I would never have guessed this journal would keep my interest for so long! Join me as I learn about the processes of painting, drawing and at times, the history of art.
My website is: terirobusstudio.com

12.16.2019

Come on a journey with me



This journey is one of exploration. 
I have not been there before. 
I don't think you have either, and
I wonder if you would like to tag along to see where we go?

It began around March 2019 when the screen in our bathroom window
developed this image (above) from condensation drips.
It looked a bit like a figure ... a Giacometti-type figure.
I didn't think it would be possible to get a photo of it, 
but it came out ok.

Then,
I started thinking 
about this idea as a painting. 

The sketch (below) was from March; 
am tentatively calling it 3 Graces.

 Painting began
in July.
Charcoal on an underpainted canvas panel   10 x 8 inches 

The panel stayed like this until December.

I am going to use Cold Wax Medium with oil paint.
First layer is a light value.

I will journey through this painting with you by my side.
 I don't know where it will end or when.
It will be an adventure.

Thank you for checking in.💕

🎨


2 comments:

Chris Lally said...

Thank you for the invitation to join you on this adventure, Teri! What a delightful story! Can't wait to see where it goes:)

Teri said...

Yes! Chris - can't wait to hear your thoughts.