Dear painters, art aficionados, and art explorers everywhere. I would never have guessed this journal would keep my interest for so long! Join me as I learn about the processes of painting, drawing and at times, the history of art.
My website is: terirobusstudio.com

1.12.2020

3 Graces (Journey - part 5)




A layer of blue ...


... applied with a squeegee.
Ha!
Look how little this painting is!
I will do a bigger painting next time!



Compression with tissue paper and a brayer.

Pulling off the tissue paper, showing
the marks made.

The following series of photos
are those where I added
or subtracted paint.


Some may notice that I signed this version
so I can preserve that area ...
... I might be nearing 
the end of this painting   ?





I think there is room for improvement and 
more experimenting. 

Although I feel like stopping at different points
it is intriguing to see what would happen if ...

So until next posting, I bid you to 
stay warm,
keep making art
... and thank you for viewing this little artblog!



3 comments:

Chris Lally said...

Your "what ifs" have produced some beautiful results, Teri! I'm really enjoying this great series of posts:)

juliefordoliver.blogspot.com said...

I enjoyed going back to the beginning, Teri. I see the more complex finishing as you got a deeper familiarity with the piece.
That is the beauty of abstract work. You can respond to the mark-making in a whole different way than with realism. Pat on the back for loving what you do!

Teri said...

Hi Julie - I love it ALL! Thank you so much!