Dear painters, art aficionados, and art explorers everywhere. I would never have guessed this journal would keep my interest for so long! Join me as I learn about the processes of painting, drawing and at times, the history of art.
My website is: terirobusstudio.com

5.13.2020

Strong Women Series - #1 NAN




I am planning to have a show some day ... ðŸ˜·
of this series that I began long ago (about 7-8 years ago!)
and have been working on from time to time. 

It didn't begin as my "Strong Women" series;
it just has become that within the last several paintings.

I don't think I have ever blogged about "Nan",
but she's a favorite for a couple of reasons:

1. I took the photo of this lady candidly, and the pose she is in is very fun.
2. This painting came together nice and loose and painterly and I don't remember struggling too much.
3. I found a vintage frame whose color matched the background of the painting!!!

So here are the progression shots re: Nan


I did two preliminary sketches.



All of the paintings in the series are
18 x 12 inches, not including the frames,
which I always try to find vintage.









These 2 photos, in different light, kind of show the frame 
and the matching background of the painting. (!)



Nan    oil on panel   18 x 12 inches


Thank you thank you for checking in 

and 

reading 
all
the 
way 
to 
here!

I hope you stay safe and healthy
and I will see you in the next post.


😻

No comments: