Dear painters, art aficionados, and art explorers everywhere. I would never have guessed this journal would keep my interest for so long! Join me as I learn about the processes of painting, drawing and at times, the history of art.
My website is: terirobusstudio.com

5.26.2020

Mt McGinnis plein air painting, Juneau, AK





My plein air buddies (Juneau Plein Rein Painters) traveled to "our" glacier on Saturday.

(note: i used an old painting that you can see just peeking out of the pochade box 
... and dang, i wish i would have taken a photo of the underpainting!)

Mt McGinnis caught my eye so that was my motif.




T'was a beautiful morning ...






... that brought out several painters.


My effort to paint began like this:


and so far is ending like this:
Mt McGinnis Looms Over Mendenhall Glacier Lake    9" x 12" oil on canvas paper



I hope everyone who reads this is coping ok with the pandemic.
We just have to be patient,
which is the hardest thing ...

If you are finding it hard to paint,
go outside.

Happy Painting!

🎨



4 comments:

Chris Lally said...

You live in God's country, Teri! Wow! Juneau's scenery knocks my socks off!
And your beautiful painting is the perfect way to remember this glorious day!
Thanks for sharing these wonderful photos!

Cristine said...

Oh Teri, what a great honor to be one of your plein air buddies. It really was a great day and you mad a wonderful painting. Thanks for the images.... I think there were 7 painters + Patti who came by to visit.

Teri said...

Yes, Chris - this is amazing land. When are you going to visit and paint here? Thank you so much for always being so generous with your praise and comments.

Teri said...

Cristine! Thank you very much! It is an honor for ME!