Dear painters, art aficionados, and art explorers everywhere. I would never have guessed this journal would keep my interest for so long! Join me as I learn about the processes of painting, drawing and at times, the history of art.
My website is: terirobusstudio.com

9.13.2014

30in30 - Day 13


Farinata Pizza!
 
 So, if you haven't been introduced to Farinata, you should take a look at the link.
 
We made this pizza for dinner last night and it is a great lunch the next day. (Not today though, cause I had to paint it! ... so we will eat it tomorrow.)
 
We use Bob's Red Mill Garbanzo/Fava bean flour. We sometimes add a little yeast. It is easy and sooooo delicious! We make a dough and put the toppings on just like a pizza. In this instance we had home-made pizza sauce, anchovies and smoked oysters (a terrific combo, btw ... no really, try it you anchovy doubters!), fresh moz, mushrooms and tom's.






Farinata Pizza      6 x 8 inches     Oil on Arches Oil Paper


I have used this ceramic plate before in a painting....long ago I used it to paint some mandarin oranges. 
The date was 12/11/2009! Yikes! I made the plate in ceramics. 
It is wonky, but fun and I really like it.
 
Happy 28th Anniversary to Leslie Byrd Saeta who is a go-getter supreme! Click on that link to see a photo of her wedding dress that she MADE! It is beautiful. I will take a moment also to thank Leslie for sponsoring this challenge ... I am learning tons and having fun, even though I almost wait too long to get downstairs to paint!

Thanks so much for following along!



No comments: