Dear painters, art aficionados, and art explorers everywhere. I would never have guessed this journal would keep my interest for so long! Join me as I learn about the processes of painting, drawing and at times, the history of art.
My website is: terirobusstudio.com

9.17.2014

30in30 - Day 17


Ice Ice Baby

I have never painted an ice cube before ...



... so I put it on a little pedestal. Some of you are going, hey! was that in your refrigerator? To that I answer, well, the freezer is part of a fridge, right? So ...


Trapezoidal Ice Cube       6 x 5 inches      Oil on Arches Oil Paper


I like how this came together. I wanted to use my gorgeous turquoise paint for the background, then added a teensy bit of violet to white paint which made a beautiful icey lavender and there was my ice! Truly a limited palette ...

... and I had to paint FAST!

I am posting to Slices of Life very late today so I am No. 241, if you go looking for this on that blog. Is it my imagination or do the paintings seem to be getting better and better and the month marches on?

Thanks for hanging in here with me!




No comments: