Dear painters, art aficionados, and art explorers everywhere. I would never have guessed this journal would keep my interest for so long! Join me as I learn about the processes of painting, drawing and at times, the history of art.
My website is: terirobusstudio.com

9.19.2014

30in30 - Day 19



Eggs & Ceramic Bowl

Yikes, I am very late posting this, but it will still be on the 19th day of the challenge. 
And for those of you who forgot what my theme was ... it is "Stuff In My Refrigerator".

Everyone has painted or drawn eggs as an exercise: making an image look 3D, or not using line, working on value, shadows, etc. - yes? 
So, these were in my refrig. I love the little bowl. I made it a few years ago. It has the most beautiful lapis lazuli blue glaze inside that inspired the whole painting. 

  pencil sketch


charcoal sketch, then alcohol wash

Eggs & Ceramic Bowl      6 x 8 inches     Oil on Arches Oil Paper


 
Today Leslie's post was that she loves flea markets (her theme is '30 Things You Don't Know About Her').  I love to go to them as well, but there are no such things here in little Juneau. We have thrift/resale shops and garage sales - that's it.

Cheers and thanks for viewing my art!


No comments: