Dear painters, art aficionados, and art explorers everywhere. I would never have guessed this journal would keep my interest for so long! Join me as I learn about the processes of painting, drawing and at times, the history of art.
My website is: terirobusstudio.com

10.03.2022

Portrait Practice 16

Shaw Field Army Air Forces Training Center 
was named in memory of Lieutenant Ervin D Shaw 
who was the first man from Sumpter County, South Carolina, 
to be killed in France in World War I while serving 
with the 48th Squadron of the R. A. F. (Royal Air Force, British).

This photo is from around 1914.

These are my efforts at his portrait.



Lieutenant Ervin D Shaw

Lieutenant Shaw was only 24 years old 
when he died in aerial combat over France in 1918. 
If you are interested in learning more about Lt Shaw,
you can go HERE.

Thank you for reading!


🎨


No comments: