Dear painters, art aficionados, and art explorers everywhere. I would never have guessed this journal would keep my interest for so long! Join me as I learn about the processes of painting, drawing and at times, the history of art.
My website is: terirobusstudio.com

9.26.2014

30in30 - Day 26



Kimchi

 It is the 26th day of the 30 paintings in 30 days challenge 
with my personal theme of Stuff In My Refrigerator.

I made kimchi exactly a week ago, a really good healthy kind. No monosodium glutamate. No sugar except for fruit and we tried it last night because I had to open the jar so I could get a start on today's painting.

It is amazing! I love it!



You can see the difference here between the charcoal sketch (top) and the alcohol wash. It is really fun to do the wash ... kind of like watercolor!

Healthy Kimchi       8 x 6 inches       Oil on Arches Oil Paper


Leslie's post today is a palette knife painted pumpkin. Quite gorgeous. 
She has an average of 600 trick-or-treaters for Halloween! 
We do not get any because we live right smack on a busy highway 
and our community hosts a Halloween party for the kids so they don't have to go out 
(it more often than not is raining like crazy at the end of October). 

Leslie asks, "What are you doing for Halloween this year?" and truth be told, we will be in our hotel getting ready to fly to Kona on November 1!

Who else loves kimchi? Who else makes it?

Thank you for hanging in with me!

ps I have NO IDEA what I will find in the fridge to paint for tomorrow and the next 3 days!

No comments: